The rectory was purchased in 1865 as a home for the rector and his family. Owned by a Hudson River ship captain, John Smith, it was built in 1783 and is one of the oldest homes in the Village of Dobbs Ferry.
In 1870, the rectory was enlarged by adding two rooms on each floor and a third story. In 1876, a new stucco exterior was added to the building and the mansard roof was installed.
Reese Memorial Parish Hall
The parish hall was probably built in 1875 and may have served as a horse barn. In 1885, the parish hall was faced with stone and dedicated in honor of The Reverend George Reese who had served as rector from 1865 until his death in 1885.
The ground floor of the parish hall has served as the location of the Hillside Thrift Shop for over fifty years. Revenue from the Thrift Shop helps support the operating costs and missionary endeavors of Zion Church. Entrance is on the lower level to the right of the red door pictured above.